Atlas Copco Compressor LLC - www.atlascopco.com
- 1800 Overview Drive, Rock Hill, SC 29715, USA
products: Glass and bottling
- Vacuum is used throughout the production process of glass and glass bottles. From lifting to sheet glass coating, the best way to handle this sensitive material is with vacuum.
- Traditionally, vacuum pumps used in glassworks are the liquid ring type. This kind of pump however, uses a lot of water and requires costly water treatment. Some vacuum pump technologies that handle the job much more efficiently include:
- Air-cooled rotary vane pump:
These kind of pumps are widely used in glassworks to lift and handle sheets of glass.
- Water-cooled oil-sealed rotary screw pumps:
These pumps can take high gas inlet temperatures, which makes them perfect for bottling and glass forming. Atlas Copco offers these pumps in varying sizes, so there is always a pump that matches your duty. Also available in air-cooled variants.